5.23.2012

The places in higher education are few and mighty

" A daughter of Love,
Who sits in a field of grace,
Grateful for promise."

I wrote this Haiku in my Multi-cultural literature class last night.  A Haiku has to have 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 in the last.  We were ask to write about who we are and where we come from.  It's ironic that I wrote this in this class, because of the path the professor has taken this class. My heart has been so stirred up for our children, our students and next generation because of the readings and discussions.  I am concerned for our students and grateful at the same time that professors don't have access to our children at such young ages.

I feel more alone in my pilgrimage of sorts in education and my classroom. I wonder what Jesus would do in this case.  I think He was with similar people who had high thoughts of themselves and simply wanted to get more on their side in order to make their ways the norm.  And when power is involved it's easy to mask the discussion as "open" and "good".

No comments: