3.30.2008

The view is incredible!

And I have just begun my journey up the Mountain of God. I can't imagine the view from the top. I have been on many hikes to the top of many mountains, in varying sizes. I climbed Mt Rainer once, well just the easy path. Not to the very top, but the view from close to the base was incredible. I wasn't in shape or ready for the climb to 14,000 feet up to the top. It takes training to get to that point. I wasn't willing to go through the training, I didn't think the view was going to be worth it I guess, or maybe I just didn't believe I had what it took, and I was probably right. So I settled for the view from close to the bottom, but even that was amazing, how much more would the view from the top be?

Now God is calling me through the valleys and up the side of His Mountain. He has been calling for quite some time, and I just kept saying "Later, God, I am busy here, planning my life." Not anymore, not today, not tomorrow, NOW I am ready to climb. I have been in the valley long enough, I am desperate for that view from the top. You know, the feeling you get when you reach the top of that 1900 foot climb, ahhhh, wow, the wind is in your hair, the landscape breaks out into view and you stand in amazement that you are so small in the vastness of all that you see in that 360 degree view from the top. You ask yourself, why did you wait so long to take this hike, the view is so incredible. And you never want to come down! So you try to memorize all the details of the view from what you see to how you feel.

God's mountain is what I want to climb now, Yes I have to go through the valley first, yes the One who goes before me will help me. I have been in the valley for some time now. I guess there is the option for some climbs to fly to the top. You know, maybe a helicopter or small plane could bring you up. But they won't take off from the valley! They will take off from a distant air strip, not the valley I am in now, it isn't appropriate for a runway, many forests, rocks, creeks, ponds, fallen trees, the valley has it's own challenges. So to take off from the airstrip far away, would be to miss the valley. How much more amazing is the top of that mountain peak , after you have been in the valley? How much more satisfying? How much more do we learn about the One who is in the valley with us? The Helicopter ride would be short, not a lot of time for conversation. Just up to the top and down again. The plane can't land on the top, no room. So you can't "feel" the Mountain top, only view the top, which isn't the same through the view of a small plane window, compared to the view standing on the top. Where you get to see the view and how far you came to get there.

I am getting my boots on today...no more excuses...I am just at the base, but even just these few feet up, I am amazed at the view of the Mountain of God, I can't wait to get to the top. It may take the rest of my life, but it's about the journey and when I reach the top, along with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I hope and pray I have someone to share it with, because well, I just do....

No comments: